1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Stewart -vs- QSC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Mar 30, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Here is the deal. I had to use my Crest CPX900 amp to power up the Demeter until my Stewart 1.2 that is in transit arrives. I played with the Crest on Thursday. Let me just to everyone that plans on using a CPX series amp as a bass power amp, DO NOT DO IT.

This amp sucked. It heated up and cut out on about 10-20 times mid-song. It severely limited/cut my highs and lows with all the protection circuits disabled and the transits were horrible. I was unable to slap or play finger style because of this amp.

So, I had to play a gig on Friday but had no reliable good sounding power amp to power the Demeter. I went to the music store and picked a QSC PLX-1602 to use for the night with the intention of returning it the next day. I must say that the QSC sounded very good. I am debating about keeping the QSC because it sounded so good. This amp with the Demeter is the sound i have been looking for for a long time.

So, my question is how does the Stewart 1.2 and QSC PLX-1602 compare in sound quality, headroom, etc, etc. Or for a more generic A/B, how does the Stewart World Series compare to the QSC PLX Series. Your experience with these specific amplifiers would be appreciated.

:bassist:

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own a pair of Stewart PA-1000's and a World 1.6. They sound great for bass.

Chuck

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The QSC has considerably more watts. A better comparison would be the Stewart 1.6 and the QSC PLX 1602. I own both and prefer the Stewart. The Stewart is true dual mono and lighter.