Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewart -vs- QSC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Mar 30, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Here is the deal. I had to use my Crest CPX900 amp to power up the Demeter until my Stewart 1.2 that is in transit arrives. I played with the Crest on Thursday. Let me just to everyone that plans on using a CPX series amp as a bass power amp, DO NOT DO IT.

This amp sucked. It heated up and cut out on about 10-20 times mid-song. It severely limited/cut my highs and lows with all the protection circuits disabled and the transits were horrible. I was unable to slap or play finger style because of this amp.

So, I had to play a gig on Friday but had no reliable good sounding power amp to power the Demeter. I went to the music store and picked a QSC PLX-1602 to use for the night with the intention of returning it the next day. I must say that the QSC sounded very good. I am debating about keeping the QSC because it sounded so good. This amp with the Demeter is the sound i have been looking for for a long time.

So, my question is how does the Stewart 1.2 and QSC PLX-1602 compare in sound quality, headroom, etc, etc. Or for a more generic A/B, how does the Stewart World Series compare to the QSC PLX Series. Your experience with these specific amplifiers would be appreciated.

:bassist:

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own a pair of Stewart PA-1000's and a World 1.6. They sound great for bass.

Chuck

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The QSC has considerably more watts. A better comparison would be the Stewart 1.6 and the QSC PLX 1602. I own both and prefer the Stewart. The Stewart is true dual mono and lighter.