1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stewart World 1.2, Ampeg SVP CL AND Sansamp BDDI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 8mmOD, Apr 24, 2006.

1. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I am killing three birds with one stone.

I have a World 1.2 and previously used it with an Ampeg SVP CL. The setup sounded great, but seemed like it should be louder. Of course anyone that has kept up knows the newer SVP CLs have a higher output, but mine was one of the first run. I really liked that lightweight setup & I even used the preamp for direct recording with pleasing results. But I sold my SVP CL because I found another - louder - setup that suited my needs better.

In the past I had hooked my BDDI directly to the 1.2 & it also sounded pretty good, but again seemed like it should be louder. I tried this setup again a few days ago & remembered that the newer BDDI pedals now have a switch to operate them at a higher output. So I bought a new BDDI yesterday & hooked it up to my 1.2. Holy crap, finally I can hear the full power of the 1.2 & it has serious balls.

I am typing this out because I have seen many posts asking if the 1.2 is loud and I say - very. People also have asked about the SVP CL having low output - explained above. And I see "can i use my bddi with a power amp" every so often as well and the answer is - yes, but you should get one of the newer ones with the level switch.

I am holding out for an 8 pro right now, but if that doesn't hit the market soon, I may get myself another (newer model) SVP CL. I highly recommend the 1.2/SVP CL setup for a lightweight, high powered, vintage sounding setup.