Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewart World 1.2 "Bridge Mode" Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 5, 2004.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

i've been using my Stewart World 1.2 in stereo/parallel mode for the whole time i've owned it. strange, but true~!~! i never had the need, nor wanted to make any mistakes in cooking the unit, until now.

i lost the manual, soooo, how do i go bridged with the Stewart? i'm using banana plugs, and if i remember, i think i have to take the "red/positive" on channel 1's "red/positive" and vice versa, no?

just making sure.

2. Right on the money! Red bananna- Ch 1 Pos, Black bananna- Ch 2 Pos.
    ;)

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    thx guys!

glass of santory, anyone? ;)

4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Mine has a button to push for bridged operation as well.

5. Thanks, but drinking a nice Pinot Noire here.

Expect the 1.2 to shutdown for about 2 minutes if you push it hard and/or run it on low voltage and/or in hot sun. Those outdoor picnic gigs in the hot sun set up on a stage in free space at the end of a long extension cord are a recipe for frustration with that amp. At home, though, my 1.2 works fine in bridge 4 ohms.

Aloha,

Jonathan

6. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If the 1.2 is like the larger 2.1, you must also disconnect the input cable from channel 2 to run in mono. I forgot to do this recently and it kept shutting down. The previous post reminded me of this.

JD