Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewart World 1.2 input question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkateer, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I am using mine in bridged mode. I'd like to connect the output of my Kern IP777 to the 1/4" input on the Stew, and the output from my laptop (looper) to the XLR input. Can I have both inputs connected without smoking anything? Can I use both inputs simultaneously without damaging anything?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    o would check with stewart on this for saftey issues. It shoudl work, however, using the two inputs like that will not result in the fidelity that using a mixer would. Just because a unit has dual inputs does not mean that they are meant to be used at the same time.

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I'd recommend either involving a mixer or getting a second cab so you can run the World in stereo mode.

4. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    without even doing any research i would agree with both of the the previous replies. you can get a small mixer for pretty cheap.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=mini+mixer