stewart world 1.2 wiring question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darjama, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Hi, I just got a stewart world 1.2, and I'm trying to wire 2 8-ohm speakers for bridged mode at 4-ohms. What would be the best way to do this?

I'm thinking that if I connect a banana plug to two 1/4" speaker cables that this would accomplish what I need. Does that make sense?

2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Strip the wires at one end of a standard 1/4 speaker cable and hook it up to the bridge terminals. Channel #1 (+) to tip (+) on the cable. Plug this into one speaker cab and then run another 1/4 cable to the other cab. Worried about the 1/4 TRS being able to handle it? Don't. I ran a 3200 watt bass rig with these jacks for five years. Each 1/4 TRS plug passed 800 watts to a 8x10 cab. Never had a failure, power loss or any other problem. Amazing isn't it?
  3. I thought of that, but I sometimes just play with a single speaker and didn't want to have to disconnect stripped wire to change this.

I forgot that I can plug one bannana clip into the back of another for parallel wiring. I think that's the route I'm going to try.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    If you already have a banana cable to 1/4", just use that to connect to one cab, bridging both channels at the amp. Then just daisy chain the cabs to each other with another cable. That's the simplest approach, in any case. You could run both cables from the amp but it's not necessary at all.
  5. Hmm, I always thought that daisy chain would put the cabinets in serial instead of parallel. Searching around, I guess that's wrong. Great, no need to buy anything, thanks!
  6. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    To put them in series you would need to buy/make a special cable or a connector box made for that purpose. ;)
  7. mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    don't forget to depress the little gray "mono" button. The bridges terminals are the center pair of terminals....