Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewart World 1.2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bennet Pullen, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    is 449$ a good price on a used World 1.2? And how does the 1.2 compare to the 1.6 or 2.1? I noticed is has no fan, is that a problem?

2. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I had two. Both were finicky at 4 ohms. Overheating is a problem if you don't leave a space around the amp in the rack.

3. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    What do you mean "finicky"? bad sound, or worse?

4. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX

I think what he means is that the heat the amp produces while operating at a 4 ohm load causes is to overheat, or more prone to overheat. The amp will run cooler at an 8 ohm load than it will at a 4 ohm load. The Stew 1.2 has no external cooling fan. The 1.2 is air-cooled. This is the "finicky" condition. I would consider the 1.6 or look into a QSCPLX-1602.

5. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    What he said ... The amp sounded great, no problem there. The problems I had were with overheating.

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That doesn't sound like a great price. I paid under $800 for my 2.1, and that was new, AND has a fan.:D

7. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    I considered both and opped for the QSC PLX1602.

It blows, but it's a cool kind'a blow.

:)

8. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    thanks guys, I guess I'll save my money then. I just got paid and it's burning a hole in my pocket, or my bank account rather.