Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewart World 600/ 1.2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I have heard mixed reviews about these amps, anyone have any experience with either? esp the 600? Thanks, Marc

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I have a 1.2 and have had absolutely no problems. You may want to use a fan if you are bridging it into a 4 ohm load and driving it hard but I personally have never had overheating problems. This thing sounds amazing and is loud as hell.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    had a 600 and was sold to a fellow forumite who's name i cant recall.

pretty much the same dimensions and weight as my 1.2. isnt as stubby as my World 250, which is half the length and weight as the 1.2.

4. I've used my World 1.2 running mono into 4 ohms for about 6 gigs now, with no problems. Plus, it's in a 4-rack space case with 3 other single space units! I was kinda worried too, but the guy I bought it from (cant recall his name now) told me he had tried to break them, make them shut down, etc. and had not.

I'm happy with it so far...it's not that much more than the 600 as I recall...go for the extra power! :cool:

5. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    How much power does this amp deliver at 4 ohms bridged mono and about what does it cost?!

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hmm...

this site has ALL the answers you ask. ;)