Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stewmac shipping (they don't use any lube.)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    $8.25 to ship my 1963 Jazz Tortoise 11 screw hole pickguard (standard shipping.) Ouch!

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That does suck. I hate overcharged shipping.

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    A Priority Mail envelope is 3.50

4. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
    I just got one of these also... Im sending it back as the color is a very dark brown instead of the redish looking clor on their website. Also only 4 of the holes lined up. :confused:

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    oh boy... the photo definately looks more red than brown. It may work with my bass, it is more of a tobacco type sunburst (Fernandes.)

6. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
    i had the guy go back and check and he said thet were all about the same color... i was actually more concerned about the holes... i would have had to fill and redrill 6 of them, theyre just about a holes width off... didnt really fancy doing that in my brand new jazz...hope you have better luck than me...they were very nice about the return though

7. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    While my bass has some "character," I don't want to have to redrill new holes either. There is no place around here that that carries them so I could test fit it.