Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stick w/GK or jump to PJB?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jammadave, Dec 10, 2003.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    hey y'all - here's my latest. I ordered a GK 700RBII and RBH 210 cab from sam ash.

Well, the cab is backordered until godknowswhen and I started looking hard at Phil Jones stuff lately...

Should I wait out the GK complete setup, or return the head, cancel the cab and spend an extra 6 bills to get a PJB SixPak? I want clear, crisp and cut-thru, is why I'm interested in the PJB.

2. the PJB six pak is an AWESOME little combo....but I kinda doubt that it will have the volume of the GK rig by itself...I say if you have the money, get the six pak with the intention of buying an extension cab later...they are awesome amps/cabs!

3. I don't know why they told you it was on backorder. We have a stack of the 210RBH cabinets sitting in the warehouse.

4. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Daniel - thanks for telling me that, could you tell Sam Ash that? I ran into the exact same scenario last month - ordered my Snarling Dogs overdrive pedal and they said it was backordered, when I called (about something else entirely) and spoke to the Snarling Dogs people themselves they said "what? we've got like 70 of them right in front of me" - well, it took me 3 weeks to get it!

According to Sam Ash, they have no RBH cabs until the 18th of December. add ground shipping to that and who knows.

5. That's probably when they are scheduled to have some delivered to their distribution center, but they could order one directly if they needed to.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey Dan, What he say's is a fact! I ordered a 1001RBII 2x10 combo around the first of August From Sam Ash. By the twenty first of August I bought the older 1001RB model (needed it for outdoor gig) to go with my 1x15RBH cab. Sam Ash called me at the begining of September to say they got the combo but GK shipped the 540 watt version in a new box. Their excuse was the new trucking company sucked. Hell I could have carried it on my back from California in a month's time. The 1001RB combo is awesome but I wanted the 1001RBII combo.

7. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I am assuming that not every sam ash in North america was out of the equipment. i usually shop at GC instead, but they will just get if from another store if I buy it right then. They should have offered the same service to you.
    regardless, I have full confidence in any of the upper level of GK stuff. I also have not heard the other PJB line, but I have the 2x10 and I really like it. If sam Ash can't get you the cab, find someone who can. Oh, I would keep everything separate. I have a combo which is nice when you want to haul in something simple, but adding the fun stuff in a rack defeats the purpose.
    Good luck,
    Wes

8. mobax

mobax Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    I bought a 210RBH from Bass Central. Great price and great service.

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey Wes buddy, We share in common the same setup, the 1001RB 2x10 combo and the 1x15RBH cab! yes I also bought my combo from GC (anybody will take my money!) As far as Sam Ash is concerned here in New York all GK stock seems to have disappeared for some reason or other. After waiting a month my sales guy told me he should have had it flown to New York. I told him that we were still cool but I got it somewhere else. Still thinking of getting the 1001RBII head though.