1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stick with the 410? Or get a 212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scionreality, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    I've been saving up and looking forward to buying an Avatar B410 NEO for a while now, but now that I'm down to the wire, cash in hand...

I got myself stuck.

Now I'm debating between that and the B212. Oh, decisions!

Long story short, I just wondered what comments those of you who've had both (or similar) have about them compaired to eachother.

I play fairly heavy rock often down-tuned. A 5 string tuned flat or a 4 in drop C, etc. I need clear lows, but don't want "grind" from the speakers or boom/mud.

I've read here on TB that the 212 might actually sound a bit louder, but doesn't keep the lows quite as strong in the mix, but also cuts through better.

If this is the case, then I'm stickin' with my 410 plan. :bassist:

Thanks in advance for your comments/advice.

2. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    Also,

I've been borrowing a Mesa Powerhouse 410. Nice cab. My low B sounds a little off, though. Like... hollow? Really could be the bass, though. She's been having some problems lately. :( Time for a trip to the tech, I think.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    If you're not wanting boom/oomph mud I'd recommend staying with a 410 with the ability to add a 212 or 15 down the road.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I've had a few 410's, but not anymore. I'm using a 210/15 setup, a 212, and a 215. I really like the portability of the 212 best, and soundwise, I'm not lacking anything. But it really is subjective, only your ears will know which you'd prefer.

5. i always thought the peavey 4x12 TVX really pumped out some serious low end. If i had to run a half stack that's what i'd use. It's a beast though- super deep and HEAVY! Think of it as a bigger, heavier marshall cab. But it sounds killer!