1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sticker on my SX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sobie18, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Would it wrong to put a Zon, Modulus, or Roscoe sticker on my SX bass?

2. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    like kissing your sister

3. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    :eyebrow:

Is this thread for real?

4. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Thank God I don't have a sister.

But, I was thinking of getting a Fender decal and going that route, maybe. Keep it simple.

5. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Seriously? After 11 years on TB, you are willing to stir the decal pot?

Well, good luck with this!

6. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    😱

7. Should you run into anyone who recognizes those names, which is unlikely, that person will also know it ain't.

What's the point?

8. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

How about putting all three on it? :ninja:

9. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Please be a troll thread.

Yes it'd be wrong. Wrong and silly. The SX headstock(s) will be discernible from
    Anyone that plays Zon, etc

10. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Why?

11. Sorry mate, but to me this is just a bad thing - being embarassed because of yer guitar brand ...

The embarassing thing is to remake the Fender-looking guitars to Fenders. Take a look at my chinese made Strat:
    [​IMG]
    Earlier it had a blue sunburst body, with a pearl pickguard. My uncle painted the body at pearl color, and I changed the p-guard.

See the headstock ? Yes, its different as Fender ones, and the logo isnt screaming "I AM FENDER MOTHA****A!". Actually its a logo, of one of the cheapest brands in Poland. 100% made in china, very light body (but at least wooden) contrasting with heavy neck, the worst pots I ever seen in my life (got crashed when I tried to take off the knobs), budget pickups, bridge (that I replaced for the Sung Il bridge) and tuners, and many many more ... But at least it plays, and sounds a bit like Fender CBS strats. Should I then change the headstock design, and put another logo there ? Of course not !

I dont feel that I'm playing a very bad guitar. Just a budget strat. But I like it, and maybe some time I'll play it during live shows (even tough bass is my main instrument, I dont know if by some time I wouldnt be forced to play the guitar). And I'd say the same to ya. If ya like yer Essex bass, dont try to make it look like Fender. You'd just hurt it. Its like "I love my gf, but her boobies are too small, lets make a plastic surgery". So why the hell you are still with her if it hurst you so bad ? Maybe you just like her the way she is, while her body might not be perfect ?

Consider it my friend.

12. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I am pretty certain that this question is not for real!! (at least I hope not!)

13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Gentle trolls start your engines !!!!!!!!!!!

14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    rb77s.

And we're off!!

15. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    I think it's ok? I put a SX sticker on my Alembic to keep it from getting stolen.

16. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

Oct 28, 2012
    Largo Fla.
    Buy one of those and put an SX sticker on it.

17. SX basses are highly regarded around here for their quality to price ratio. Advertise this. Don't try to pass it off as something it is not. You do the brand a disservice.

18. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    I'll leave the original headstock, then.

19. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    This is what I was going to say, sort of.

SX has become respected as a great instrument for modding for not a lot of money. Most that know basses have heard of SX, and there's absolutely no shame in playing one.

Besides, gear snobbery is just dumb, and trying to pass an SX off as something other than an SX is not only fraud, but doing a real disservice to Kurt and Rondo.

20. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Your bass, your rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.