Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stickered up cases? Let's see 'em!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Transverz, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I keep meaning to blast my bass case with stickers, but I can never find stickers of the bands I like (either I have to buy them *BOO* or are hard to find naturally unless I go to a concert or something?). Anyway, even when I do have a sticker, I always think twice about doing it. Should I care that the stickers I have sometimes are bands I don't even dig or don't even know? It's a moral dilemma. :eyebrow:

Maybe because it's just the starting of it that discourages me.

So...

Encourage me! Let's see them stickered up cases! :hyper:

-T

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    Stickers add armor to your cases... I don't have a ton on my stuff cept for a couple of "fragile" airline stickers that I never bothered to remove... and a couple or so on my rack case..
    [​IMG]

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    As you know i now have 2 ernie ball stickers on the Sterling case, and one of Tranverz's band. :p

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Moved to Misc.

5. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    I never used to put stickers on mine, but recently i started getting stickers from bands i filled in for, or stickers of bands whose members i have played with before. I guess just a way to be nostalgic

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Here's the case from my now-retired Jazz that was my main bass from my late teens to early 30's...

Attached Files:

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    here's the gig box (cables and cr@p!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I put stickers on an old Fender case for more practical reasons-
    One time, we're playing an outdoor fest with a few bands...
    I break an "E"-string, no problema, I have extra sets in my case.
    So I yell to the stagehand, "...get my case, it's the black one sitting over there".
    Well, he looked confoozed. So I go over & there's about 50 black cases all lined up.

J-Rai has the right idea.
    ;)

9. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Those cases are awesome, bass case or not! It totally looks much better when the stickers start to overrun the blank spaces. It's like a memorabilia collage or scrapbook. Plus, they always seem to make good conversation pieces:

"Oh, you've been there? Me too!"
    or
    "Oh, you know that band?"

Okay, I've done some thinking and I guess it's okay to put stickers on that are not necessarily relevant or bands that you even know or like, but when you do get a sticker you really like or support or think is cool, that's when you start to overlap the ones you don't really dig all that much... eh? :D

I'll take some pics tonight too...

10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Thanks man!

That pic is about a year or so old, actually that case is a bit more stickered now.

...and the inside is a bit more organized with foam.

ZERO/Haliburton/Anvil cases are indestructable! :bassist: