Stickers anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Does anyone have, or have had a bass covered in stickers (decals)? I just started in on my VMI Cruise bass after some deliberation. Anyone do this to basses? Don't worry, it's a crappy bass, so I don't feel bad. I ain't touching my other bass (Ibaenz) but I really like the whole punk look you get with stickers. Makes you feel more like you are at home, I think it's from the feeling that you have a custom bass (it's cheap, but hey, you do have a "custom" bass). Heh. Mine's got about a dozen good sized ones, All black and white on a black on black P-bass copy...
  2. my old bass used to have to smurf stickers over the volume and tone knobs :D... but i took them of... but it still has the "playboy bunny" between the pickups... :D nice!
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

While I must admit I don't have any basses with stickers on them:)EEK:!), I used to have a fetish for putting stickers on my case. I have on old case that is COVERED with stickers of all kinds.

Bumper stickers, music stickers, funky stickers like you get at one of those 'lifestyle accessories' shops, etc.
  4. yeah, I've don the sticker on the case thing but not on the bass. I think it's cool on thrasher basses, though. I 've just not ever had a real thrasher bass that I wanted to do that to yet.
  5. I used to put a ****LOAD of stickerz on my bass, and so did almost all of the bassists in my town(like 5-6 of them) They really do look great if you put them on right. My friend has a 5 string fender american jazz bass that he got new and totally stickered it up. it looked so good that it inspired my to do it to my bass(fernandes p bass) and mine looked so good that like 4 of my friends did it.
  6. yeah.. it really depends on where they´re placed and stuff... and also the colors...

like my playboy sticker... it´s black & white and fits perfectly between the pickups on my Hurricane bass.. :)

maybe I´ll take a black oil paint and put some strokes over it and make it a "zebra bass" :rolleyes: :D
  7. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I'm putting scanned versions of pictures on my bass cause this is probably gonna be the last year that i play it as my main bass so i thought *** might as well remeber this year. Right now i have 3 pictures [bre,theresa,ashley] on my jazz in the area of black right below my pickguard below the controls i plan to add more as the school year progresses that's all