Stickers or Not?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by morty25, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Does Any One Stick Stickers On Their Basses?
    Or Does That Destroy Its Look?

2. I had a sticker on my Squier for a few months. I thought it was cool when I put it on, but got sick of it really fast. I probably won't put stickers on any of my basses ever again, unless I get something that is beat to crap, looks aweful, but sounds devine.
  3. NEVER put stickers on a bass, I really hate it. If a bass looks used, so what? it gives the bass character (as long as the bass got the scars from being played a lot, not from being mistreated), I mean Jaco didn't put stickers on his bass...
  4. stickers is more for punkrock kiddies imo..

if you truely love the bass, and respect your instrument.. you don't put stickers on it.. period.

disclaimer : this posting is released on a " IMHO " basis. posted text is in not based on facts but on opinions. The author of this posting is in no way responsible for any damages that may have occured during or after the usage of this posting.
  5. stickers go on the case....not the bass.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i like a lot stickers. my cases are full of stickers, expecially my rickenbacker case. i have to admit that even if i prefer not to put stickers on instruments that i have 2 instruments with stickers. i have an old and cheap Eko bass with this sticker:

and my workhorse electric guitar, an Eko Cobra is equipped with this sticker:

i am 27 years old. so i am too old to be a punk kid:)
  7. i do put stickers on my squier, but one that express my opinon.
  8. if it's got a boring finish, go right ahead. i did it to my guitar, it has a lot more personality now.

but don't just stick one bigass bumper sticker across it and leave it at that - THAT's ugly. it's all or nothing.
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    No stickers on my bass please.. I really don't like sickers on basses.. but then again.. its just my thoughts
  10. dewd ! those are all girly stickers :eek:

love the power-rangers sticker tho :p
  11. No stickers will ever invade my bass...
  12. sure, but like DHC said, a collage of stickers looks cool but just one crappy lookin sticker is just corny. also, those novelty stickers you can buy at spencers that say cheezy messages like "watch for the finger" aren't too cool either.
  13. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I will occasionaly put a sticker or two on my bass. They usually dont stay on too long. Ive had a few "Stop Racism" stickers on there before but they wore off. I think I like my bass stickerless most.
  14. dude.... SA sticker on guitar = dance all night.
  15. i had one sticker on my last bass (squier P). it was a flourescent colored alien head that i bought from a vending machine on a high school trip where i was competing with our jazz band. it was on the back, right below the neck plate, so it wasn't visible when playing.

now, on my mim jazz, i have an Estonian coat of arms in the same place. pride, but not bragging. that's how i see it, anyway.

stickers don't have to be horrible. and if it's a cheap bass that's a boring color (like black, imo) i see nothing wrong with 'recoloring' it with stickers.
  16. motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    i got a sticker on my bass, but it's plain white and i drew a peae sign on it. Also, i wrote ONE WORLD, ONE LOVE in black marker on it. So needless to say, i think it's more up to your own personal opinion. :)
  17. motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    dang. i meant to say Peace sign, not peae sign. I also forgot to mention, i spray-painted the pickguard, too.
  18. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Umm...there is an edit feature. You could have just gone back and changed it.