Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stickers/Transfers on your bass...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Futurehead, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Futurehead

Futurehead

Jun 9, 2005
    Anybody there ever had any success in making stickers on their bass look remotely good? I've bought some good quality transfers for my bass but I'm worried it'll look crap: is it possible for stickers too look good if applied correctly?

2. The right ones can add some character to your bass, and make it reflect what you like, etc. I wouldn't do it to some high-end bass with a fancy wood top though... here's a pic of my first bass, an Ibanez TR-70, that I've added stickers and things to over the last decade or so I've had it.

[​IMG]

3. No.

4. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Try them on your face first.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I had a vinyl American flag cutout on the forearm cutout of my silver five string Ibanez Soundgear, always complimented, and my ex-tech thought I had it custom finished it looked so good. It's all about content and location and it can look mighty fine.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think Flea's "Punk Bass" looks sexy with all those stickers...

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    +1

[​IMG]

8. I think it depends on the bass, how many stickers and color of the bass

I think when a bass is "covered" (or basically) it can look good, but I always thought 1 sticker slapped onto the bass looked weird and out of place.

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ha! who has a sticker for the circle jerks, honestly now...

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I'm thinkin' about slappin' a few stickers on this one!

11. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    tplyons: I especially love his shoe. :cool:
    Munjibunga: PLEASE BE KIDDING! AH! :eek:

12. I'm certain there might be a beat up old Johnson, Aria or Squire that could benefit from a few stickers. OTOH anybody coming close to my bass with a sticker will be practicing reverse peristalsis with it.

13. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    To see if they look good, go to a music store, see if they have your exact model, or a similar body. Wait for them to not look at you, hard if you have long hair, and pop one on there, then run out after examining it to see if it is to your liking. Or instead of running yell out to one of the guys "Hey, someone put sticers all over this bass!"

14. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    My fretless has a Jar Jar Binks sticker on the headstock.

That bass came in kit form, and came with a blank, logo-and-brand-name-less headstock... hey... it needed SOMETHING there...

:bag:

15. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    BUT WHY JAR-JAR?! I mean you could've picked Yoda or Obi or Me or something!

:p

16. Futurehead

Futurehead

Jun 9, 2005
    Okay, thanks everyone. I reckon I'll buy a few more so it'll completely cover the body.