1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stickied instructional threads with dead links

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by bopeuph, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I was just browsing one topic earlier today and noticed that, since the thread was stickied over a decade ago, the vast majority of links were dead. I have since looked around at other sticky threads, and think that there needs to be a bit of spring cleaning on them. I know that discussions are still happening in them, but the first few posts in the thread should probably still be relevant to today, as well.

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Either PM the specific forum mods about or report the post explaining what link(s) are dead and someone will fix it if they can.

3. Radio

Radio

Jan 8, 2010
    New Haven, CT
    I'm happy to help, Bob, but if there is a specific forum mod, would that not be part of the responsibility? ( Rule #84: The care and cleaning of stickies)

4. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    So in the technique subforum, the single listed mod has told me that he hasn't been the mod there for a while. I don't know the whole story, but he obviously is under the impression that he's not supposed to be modding that sub. So that subforum might be largely unmodded?

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    There is some cleanup work that needs to be done with mod assignments. Currently several "supermods" roam and take care of all forums without active mods. Not ideal I know, and we will work to fix

If there are any sticky threads that need attention please post them here and I'll investigate.

Thanks!!

6. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    This is the one to which I originally noticed it:
    The Slap Bass Welcome Center

I did update it in a separate thread, if you want to sticky that, instead.
    The NEW Slap Bass Welcome Center

These two are over a decade old and also have dead links on the first page. The first thread in question has a dead link in the first post, which is the subject of the thread itself.
    floating thumb techniqe

OMFG has anyone seen this- One-handed bass player thread

I've come across others in other subforums, but those I'd already noticed issues. There's probably new threads on each of these that are more up-to-date, I would guess.