Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sticky: idea???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Aug 10, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    How's about a Sticky for commonly-used orders for pedalboards, racks, etc?? Like where do compressors, OD pedals, wahs, choruses, delays, octavers, etc.. typically sit in most rigs?? Maybe it's just b/c it's so subjective, but myself included have questions about this from time to time... Hope this isn't too bold, Mods!! I am but a humble semi-member... :)

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That's a pretty good idea. It might be hard, but it would answer a lot of questions.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not to be an ass, but there are like thirty pages of pictures of pedalboard layouts in the Post Your Pedalboard thread. Just spend some time seeing what others use and then experiment and find what you like the best.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It'll be a sub sticky... in the FAQ. I'm actually working on it little by little. But I'll bump this question up in the order.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

True, but the same could be said for distortion, the "Show Your Basses!" thread, etc.. Nearly ANYthing on the Forum has been repeated quite a few times, but since I've been seeing lots of it, and I see quite a few threads about such, it wouldn't be such a bad idea.