Sticky or slippery??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StraffordMike, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sticky

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Slippery

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. StraffordMike

StraffordMike

Apr 25, 2015
    How do you like your straps?
    Right now I've got a rough cowhide almost suede kind of strap and while it does help prevent neckdive it does also threaten to yank my collar down exposing gratuitous amounts of my unseemly grey chest hair or yank it upwards in a mad attempt to strangle the life out of me.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Not sticky, but grippy I like. Except for my violin bass mine all naturally hang well (though the Fender PJ hangs lower than I'd like.) I have one strap that has a suede back, all the rest are like yours, just a rough cowhide underside. The Fender came with a case candy strap that was horrible, cloth (polypropylene?) front and a vinyl back; slick as glass. It was sent to the landfill.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. pbagley

pbagley

Jun 2, 2008
    Ham Lake, MN
    +1 on grippy. My rough backed Levy's straps keep the bass where I want it, while the smooth back straps lead to the bass moving all over the place.
    As for the unseemly chest hair - perhaps you should consider having your wife braid it for you. Seems to work for me.

4. StraffordMike

StraffordMike

Apr 25, 2015
    Eeewww!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021