1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sticky post(s) in a thread?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Vic, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Similar to how the creator of a forsale forum thread has the power to close their own threads, I was wondering if we could get a different special option just for thread creators in the regular forums.

It'd be really cool if the thread creator could select an option to "sticky" at least the first post so it appears at the top of every page.

Seems to me having that post there would help avoid, or at least shut down "derails"... especially if that post could never "expire" from being edited if the thread lives a long time and the thread creator wishes to refine/clarify the topic of the thread to also help avoid or shut down derails.

Optionally, the ability for a thread creator to sticky any of their own posts would also be cool, but really, I think even if it was just the first post, as long as you could always edit it, would be fine. The only reason to be able to sticky other posts is if the thread got old enough the first post couldn't be edited any more and you'd have to post a sticky "addendum" kinda' thing.

Thoughts?