1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sticky strings??? :(( ??? ~!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Mar 15, 2008.

1. i dont know this is alien but its happening..... i took the strings off my bass to clean them using the denatured spirit/alcohol method and put 'em back on the next day. on playing for a while i found it was feeling weird the strings seemed to be sort of having a liquidy layer i thought am sweating more than normal so i wiped my strings and played on
    now the next day the same sticky/liquidy touch on the strings again so i asked my brother and dad to check if its my hands or the strings they both also said its something on the strings

so i put on another set of used strings i have which i keep for stand by (these weren't cleaned using spirit) and the next day the trouble!?:confused:

by the way the place i live has a lot of dirt flying around so i just hang towel over he bass and the stand every night i go to take a sleep but last night i hadn't

so any clue why/what is happening? is this eating or because of the fretboard?