Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stiff Little Fingers (Bruce Foxton on bass)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bazzanderson, Aug 10, 2004.

1. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I can't wait...got my tickets for this Friday in Austin. I love Bruce's style. My style is totally different (fingerstyle) but I love Bruce's lines.....
    -Bazz-

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    SLF on 08/13/04 at Emo's in Austin certainly rocked. They played alot of their older songs plus many new gems as well. As was expected, Bruce Foxton played his instrument (black P bass with maple fretboard) with the air and authority of a elder statesman of rock. My wife and I were standing on his side of the stage directly in front. His tone was a bright, picked P tone the cut through with a commanding presence. His rig was an SVT 8X10 and an SVT Tube amp. Couldn't see the model number but I've seen so many people play this kind of amp before.

Any cons to the show? yeah....a few really drunk skin heads and a brawl outside. Also...Bruce still sports the 80's semi-mullet but I can forgive him for that ;)

Other than the above con (stupid drunk people) it was a really fun and inspiring show. Keep in mind Bruce is pushing 50 (I'd imagine) and he is still rocking out like a young punk.
    -Bazz-

3. I ain't seen SLF since '96, great band, been into them since I was about 12 years old which was whn they pretty much set out.
    BTW, when I saw them in '96, they were at Finsbury Park in London supporting the Sex Pistols, that was a great day! :smug:

Tony

4. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'll bet that was a great day! I don't care too much for the Pistols but I'd love to have seen the crowd's reaction.
    -Bazz-