1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Stiletto Custom: Instant GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Made the fatal mistake of accompanying a friend to GC yesterday and found a Schecter Stiletto Custom 4 in my hands. Pardon me while I wash out the stains. Natural finish, maple-over-mahogany, killa-fast neck and 2 EMG's with 2-band active EQ. Nice! The fellow who bought it thought so more than me, 'cuz it still takes a lot to get me offa my Warwick Jazzman. The only drawback on the Schecter, IMO, is the lack of a batter compartment door. Use of a screwdriver is required, and could be a bit of a bad time at a gig. If I had a spare $500 (and I do) I would buy it, but I still wanna V-Bass.

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Ditto. One store down by where I work has one. It plays great and is built amazingly well for $500. I just didn't care for the tone. Its not bad, but not what I was/am looking for.

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I've heard nothing but praise about that bass. I'd like to try one.