Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stiletto elite 4-string on eBait, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I own one. I love the feel of it. They sound great. They have active electronics and the top of the line passive EMG pickups. I've never had any problems with mine. If you picked one up at the price currently listed (around $400), it is an extreme bargain. They go for new for $600.

I would use caution though. Some people hate them because of their extremely thin neck profile.

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I had one of these a few months ago. I paid about $595 for it. So for what its at now, thats a great price. I honestly don't think you'll have to fight for it, so you might get lucky and get it for $400 and that would be a great deal on this one, seeing as its new in box.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well hey guys, thanks for all the info. I wont mind a thin neck profile, my Peavey already is pretty thin, so that's no problem at all (and I actually like thin necks). I think I'm going to wait around and sniper it, *shrugs* hopefully I get it. :D. Again, thanks for all the info!
    _RaY_