Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stiletto Studio 6 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Dec 25, 2005.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Does anyone have any experience with a Schecter Stiletto Studio 6 ? I was considering a five string but thought why not go one more? How is this axe sound wise and feel wise. I know the quality is there, im just looking for some comments.

[​IMG]

2. Honestly, if it were me, I'd definately go more towards the Ibanez SR506, then the Schecter.

-ryan-

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    What are your reasons for going with the Ibanez over the Schecter?

4. Honestly, the overall feel of holding the two different basses, the Ibanez just feels more like a real bass to me, the Schecter feels more like a toy.

The Schecter's tone isn't all there. Yeah sure, 3 band eq, but it has EMG Hz pickups. Now, don't get me wrong, EMG's are great pickups, too bright for me, but the Hz's just don't do a thing for me. I'm more of a Bartolini guy, and guess what, the Ibby has those Barts. More of a full and rich deep low 'dark' sound.

Also, the the hardware feels better to me on the Ibby. The Schecter kinda just feels like a toy, feels like I'm gonna brake it or something.

-ryan-

5. gambit0714

gambit0714

May 19, 2004
    Suffolk, VA
    I have the studio six and I picked it over the ibanez. Mainly because it felt right and sounded perfect for my application. So don 't choose a bass because "some else told you too" :eyebrow:

Personnally I love my studio 6. the neck was way easier to play then the Ibanez. But thats just MO. :)

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And I'll throw my $0.02 in. I'd take the Ibby hands down for the same reasons, prefer a more mellow tone, the feel was spot on, and frankly, it just felt like a nice solid instrument. Wasn't too impressed with the feel of the Schecter.

7. Id go for the Ibby it's a cracking bass it's light enought so you can movw around but well built with an awesome sound. i've never been a big schecter fan they don't good to me

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I've owned Ibanez and Schecter.
    Still have the schecter.
    Ibanez went bye bye.
    Catch my drift?
    IMO you need to buy one of the higher end Ibanez SR series. I had an SR885 which was ok but it needed new pickups and a bridge within a year. I also owned an SR445 as a backup and talk about feeling like a toy.
    Schecter has it all over ibanez IMO.
    But you really should check them both out and decide for yourself.