still confused about an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geddyfan, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Peavey firebass or nemisis NA 600.The firebass is a bargain under 450.00 new.I don't know anything about nemisis.Whadda you guys think?
  2. Digby

Jan 18, 2003
    Just picked up a used Nemisis-600. It is wonderful compared to my Crate B80XL. I have peavy 2x10 and intend to pick up a 1x15. It's my dream set up. I would go with the nemisis.
  3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    We have a Firebass at my school, and paired with a 4x10 it really rocks. Great amp with a good tone (think Peavey Max). A fair amount of flexibility with the sound, also. I admit I have not used the Nemesis, but I assume it too is a good amp.
  4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I saw a local band whose bass player was playing a Ken Smith through a Firebass and a Peavey 1x15 and an Ampeg 1x15. Great sound. Dancehallclasher has a Firebass and I believe he likes it a lot. Can't comment on the Nemesis as I've never even seen one.
  5. razor24

razor24 Guest

Feb 16, 2003
    ive been a working player for the last 39 years and have gone thru some gear. my current set up is a carvin dcm 1000 watt pwr amp w/carvin's RL118 single 4ohm 18" cab. pre amps are tech 21 bass driver w/presonus tube pre in front. most excellent. pleanty of head space and lots of tone. using fernandes j w/62 fender p/u