Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

still confused about an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geddyfan, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Peavey firebass or nemisis NA 600.The firebass is a bargain under 450.00 new.I don't know anything about nemisis.Whadda you guys think?

2. Digby

Digby

Jan 18, 2003
    Snellville,GA
    Just picked up a used Nemisis-600. It is wonderful compared to my Crate B80XL. I have peavy 2x10 and intend to pick up a 1x15. It's my dream set up. I would go with the nemisis.

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    We have a Firebass at my school, and paired with a 4x10 it really rocks. Great amp with a good tone (think Peavey Max). A fair amount of flexibility with the sound, also. I admit I have not used the Nemesis, but I assume it too is a good amp.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I saw a local band whose bass player was playing a Ken Smith through a Firebass and a Peavey 1x15 and an Ampeg 1x15. Great sound. Dancehallclasher has a Firebass and I believe he likes it a lot. Can't comment on the Nemesis as I've never even seen one.

5. razor24

razor24 Guest

Feb 16, 2003
    ive been a working player for the last 39 years and have gone thru some gear. my current set up is a carvin dcm 1000 watt pwr amp w/carvin's RL118 single 4ohm 18" cab. pre amps are tech 21 bass driver w/presonus tube pre in front. most excellent. pleanty of head space and lots of tone. using fernandes j w/62 fender p/u