Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

still got the blues

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by fretbuzz, Sep 12, 2001.

1. ok friends, what blues instruction book would you recommend for somebody thats been playing for about 1 year. btw, the more "beginner level" the better. my brain has shrunk to the size of a walnut and i pretty much suck, thanks.

2. Fretbuzz,
    I have a book called 'Mel Bays Complete Guide To Blues Bass', and it is a brilliant book. The guy at the bass store where I bought it said it was the best book for blues bass. Its got lots of examples of every type of blues, from delta to jazz to electric, and also has examples of artists songs from Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Muddy Waters, to Led Zepplin, and it also shows you how to put together your own blues lines. It really is a great book, and it has everything transcribed in tab and music notation.
    Jim

3. thanks lizard, went to sam ash and there it was! it should be the best $20.00 i ever spent. seems to be written very well. thanks again.