Still Looking For An Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philzbass, Feb 9, 2006.

1. I've been looking for a new amp for a long time now. My favorites have been:

Ampeg SVT CL
    Mesa-Boogie M-Pulse 600
    GK 1001RBII or 700RBII
    Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II

I know, I know, it's kind of a crazy list. But I can't seem to make up my mind.:confused:

I like the M-Pulse 600 and the SVT CL but they cost sooooo much money and I'm really not doing any giging right now. The GK's and the Ashdown's price tags look right and they're plenty powerful for me. I think the SVT CL is my absolute favorite though. Well, I don't know if I should: get an upgrade now or save my money and get a SVT CL someday.

I guess I'm just looking for more advise because I'm so indecisive. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    I've never played a CL but I own a pulse 600. To be honest I'd say go with the CL since you think its your favourite. Especially since you're not gigging you have any amount of time to put the money together.

Unlike me who had to storm the life savings for the pulse and do a weekends giggin to get my cab. I needed it in a hurry. Im saving for a four by ten now I could have enough to get something cheaper but Im going for a powerhouse. Its not easy always saving the money but I know it will be worth it in the end. So hold off for a while longer and get what you really want
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Those amps are pretty far apart tonally.... If you like em all, I suggest the Ashdown. Its the most versitle of those heads.
  4. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i think you made a list of amps you are familiar with. imo you need to determin ewhat you REQUIRE, then figure out which of hte brands you KNOW, you like.
  5. Allright, I guess I just listed those because they're all brands I've considered. I really don't "need" to upgrade right now I just want to, but there's no big hurry.

I liked the Ashdown but it didn't seem to compliment my Spector Euro 4 very well, I thought it sounded too muddy. Anyone else ever try these together?

I think my favorite is the SVT CL (all tube) they're expensive but I really like the sound. I think I should probably just save my money and get one of those.

Thanx for dealing with my "Thread Of Confusion"