1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Still looking for bass wah... Which one is the ONE?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Driven Crane, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Need help... Morley Dual Bass Wah, Chi Wah Wah, Snarling Dogs Bootsy's... Had them, swapped them for other stomps. I want some more...

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    G-Lab Bass Wowee, AMT WH-1B Alien Girl, Wilson Vintage Spec, Wilson Freaker, McCoy RMC9, Dunlop 105Q, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Sonuus Wahoo...

Give those a try and let us know how you get on!

3. ChefKen

ChefKen

Aug 30, 2014
    NW CT
    Second the Wahoo!!

thabassmon likes this.
  4. i found out about the emb wah today. don't try rocktron wahs. maybe try the ebs wahs.

Driven Crane likes this.
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I've tried several - EBS, G Lab, Dunlop, Ibanez (too big) and more - finally ended up with the 105Q. One requirement I have is auto on/off, I don't like the traditional bypass switch. My first choice would have been the G Lab Wowee Wah, but the one I got had a bad volume drop. My second choice was the 105Q, sounds good, easy to use. G Lab has a plate you can put under any wah to get the auto function.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Driven Crane likes this.
  6. Wizmoon

Wizmoon

Jun 18, 2014
    did you try the HELLBABE? lots of configration that let you get your sound and the most i like on it is that it doesnt have an on/off fisical switch like it very much and it has configuration for guitar and for bass cheap but very good well works very well for me

7. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Behringer is a kind of crap, sorry. I'd prefer Becherovka...

8. Wizmoon

Wizmoon

Jun 18, 2014
    haha i realy like people who love to show their gear stickers! if your guitar/bass etc dont have this logo on it its crap, well i advise to blind test gear not be psycologicaly affected by brands the brand syndrome make you spend a lot of money and some times dont get as good sound has other brands with less years in market, all great brands were "crap" in its begining now people kill to have and showoff theyre gear with a stiker of that brand. whats could be considered crap today can be your next show off in future. i dont go by brands generally, i test and dont get influenced by other i im a person i dont like to be brain formated/washed by society, i dont show off brand logos to feel big, i use what i like not what im indirectly induced to use. not calling for a fight, peace please ;) just trying to get people understand and dont be mindwashed, please be your self and use what you want not because if you use a bass or guitarr of big money you are important and a veryy good musician, and really improve your sound , than get your gear and show off your skills and musicality with gear that reallly fits your sound , not gear that feell your EGO! sorry my very bad english

9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I choose my tools/toys on a case by case basis; there's crap and gems from almost all brands. I use a few Behringer items, all of their products aren't bad, especially considering price. Generally speaking there is better quality to be found out there though, at a price of course.

I have not tried Behringer's wah pedal, so I have no idea how that one is.

jasonmitsch likes this.
  10. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Yeah, but... Behringer is still crap.

11. Behringer is budget, which means sometimes good or bad, but affordable. They've released gems and turds. I know because: I had a behringer PA speaker go bad, but I've also used a behringer mixer and synth pedal, both still work fine to date.

I hate some higher end companies way more than behringer.

12. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I have a Behringer mixer, and I like the BDI-21, so they're not all bad! I didn't realise their wah was quoted as suitable for bass use, definitely worth a punt:

Behringer: HELLBABE HB01

13. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I've got a Tech 21 'Killer Wail' that I bought in 2002 that is great on guitar; keyboard, and bass. They've been discontinued for quite some time, but worth it if you find one. Full range and very musical.

14. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    If you want a simple, inexpensive, and very effective wah with great sweep range and good control, the 105q is a great way to go IMO. I hear really good things about the AMT bass wah. Its the little one.

15. Rocktron made a wah called the Badcat that was pretty good. It was designed for both guitar and bass. I liked it , I don't know how much a new one runs cause I borrowed it from a friend of mine. But I'd buy one given the opportunity. I've also heard that the Morley Mark Tremonti signature wah is great for bass.

16. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Buddha or Silver Machine?

17. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh, I hear the Ibanez screaming demon is pretty awesome too.

crapusername likes this.
  18. sifi2112

sifi2112

Feb 5, 2009
    Can the SA Manta with exp pedal be used as a wah ? I hope so coz that's next on my list.

19. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    Don't have a broad experience with bass wahs but I'm currently using the 105Q and have been very pleased with it. Good preservation of the lower end with adjustable volume gain (up to +20db) and adjustable frequency width focused primarily on the frequencies most prevalent for bass. The auto on/off is gravy.

Wizmoon likes this.
  20. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I get along with the old(black) bass cry baby quite well...

Wizmoon likes this.