Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Still Losing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Beefbass, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Hey guys, got on the scale today-weighed in right at 240 pounds.
    At one point, I had that up to 286-AAUUGGHH!!!!!
    I thought about getting rid of my "fat" pictures, but I didn't. If I feel like I might want to start slipping, I just look at those-great motivating factor. :D

I still haven't decided on a new Talkbass name BTW.
    Maybe Beanpolebass? Well, I'll ahve to think about that one still.
    Thanks for all the previous suggestions BTW-there were a lot of good ones there. :)

2. Cool, keep going.
    Be careful the way you do it though, I had an eating disorder and lost 100lbs when I was a chubby teenager in six months. Quicker results than the hollywood diet though.:rolleyes:

3. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Hey, thanks Bigfeet!! You know, it's just a matter of being smart. Lets say I'm hungry; do I eat something healthy, or junk?
    Plus, just getting more physically active has done the trick for me. :)

4. Well done!
    I'm the opposite im underweight and need to put on weight but i'm happy for you. Write a book about it :D it would make million's.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Thank you for the nice comments :D
    especially, since I've been fighting the battle of the bulge for my whole life. I've decided that no matter what, this time I'm not gonna allow myself to go back to the way I was.

Maybe I could call that book I was a Beefbass?
    Just a thought. :D

6. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Congradulations beef. Not to get off the topic too much, but I have a quick question about eating disorders, maybe you can help BigFeet. When u have an eating disorder, what does it involve? Do you feel hungry and just donot eat? Or do you just simply not have the appetite to eat.

7. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    If I'm right, then I believe that starving yourself is called anorexia. The problem with trying to starve yourself, is that your body goes into a sort of shut down mode when you don't eat. So, the metabolism slows way down, and you don't really end up losing that much.
    Bulimia is where you induce vomiting after eating. Usually, people will eat up, feel guilty about it, and then stick a finger down their throat. The problem there, is that all that stomach acid tears up your esophogus, and your teeth.
    If you don't mind me asking, are you having a problem? Or is someone you know having a problem? If thats the case, my advice is to get help immediately! There is no need to live through something like that, when you can get help for it. Definitely talk to your doctor if thats the case.
    Hope that helps.

8. I'm going to start a thread about this actualy

9. It depends, you begin to get so obsessed with losing the wieght that you just want to. Either by purging or starving yourself, for me it was almost like being an opium victim. I'd just lay in my bed all day sleeping or looking at my ceiling. And vomiting for no reason from time to time. When I wasn't doing that I was exercising, I got really skinny, I was at about 138 for a while.

10. I'm less than that just now.... how tall are you?