Still not sure! 4x10 or 1x15 !!!!! ?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkenraja, Jan 11, 2005.

1. So far you guys have been a great help, But im still unsure of what i should getting a nemesis combo, for great price.

but what should I get......4x10 or 1x15...?

our band plays heavy rock, but power is always important, as the 4x10 has 70watts more than the 1x15......but apparently the 15 has deeper bass response.

Which of the two are better in your experience?
  2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    4x10. Just do it.
  3. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
  4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY

I own the 4x10, and I can tell you: that's the one you need. Go for it!

5. What is it like live? does it handle well at full volume, powerful? sound good???
  6. who says you have to choose? get the 4x10, then buy a 1x15 as an extention later on
  7. buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    4x10 all they way. It will stay clear & sharp, have plenty of punch, and not get muddy on you!!!
  8. My 1x15 is perfectly good enough, can get as good a tone as a 4x10, IMO.
  9. Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    If you ever had the chance to try out a 4x10 and 1x15 cabinet of the same brand, you probably would always choose the 4x10 over the 1x15 as standalone.
  10. I actually prefer the sound and tone from my SVT15E far more than the SVT410 HE cab with horn. The 15" cab sounds smoother, fuller and very loud. Stand them either side of the stage and its the 15" cab that you can hear over the 410 cab.

IVe heard that the 4x 10 cabs are faster responding and offer more punch, i would say they are both as good in that respect especially for rock stuff.
    Of course it depends which cabs you are looking at some are better than others.
  11. What if I added a 4x8 to my 1x15? Wouldn't that get brilliant sound quality?
  12. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
  13. No.

I've got an SWR 4x10 sitting in my basement, right where it's been for the past year or so. I prefer gigging, recording, practicing and everything with 15's. Personal preference.
  14. Depending on the prices you're looking at - why not get a 1x15 combo and a 2x10 cabinet extension - get the best of both and cover the frequency spectrum nicely. Might cost just about the same as a single 4x10 combo.

You'll have to pay attention to the electronics of the amp/cab/etc. If you have questions on that, Ivanmike is incredibly smart (among others here) at giving good, practical advice.