Still reeling after Paul McCartney!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lisa Weiss, May 14, 2002.

1. That was, by far, the most incredible concert I've ever been to in my life! And I've been to some doozies! :D

I've been waiting my entire life to see Sir Paul, and it was well worth the wait! When I saw the silhouette of that Hofner Bass, every hair on my body stood on end!

His band was great, the sound was great, and the visuals were great....but that was just gravy! Paul can still rock!!! He really surprised me by playing bass for about half the show, and there were some extremely emotional moments for me, particularly the tributes to George and Linda.

He played for almost three hours, with three encores, and we still didn't want it to end! If you guys have the opportunity to catch this tour, you won't be disappointed!

2. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I've always heard he is on of the best shows to catch, wish I could have been there! I really enjoyed meeting you guys Saturday, and that bass of yours is going to be killer! If you don't mind, a couple of questions 'bout your bass. Did you say that you got the spalted maple locally? If you get a chance, could you PM me with the name of the place? I've "sorta-kinda-always wanted to-thinking of starting" a home built bass, and I love the way spalted maple looks. I've been shut out on a couple of nice pieces on ebay, however. Also, were you planning on a gloss or flat finish? Thanks, and look forward to the next get-together!
  3. As much as I would have loved to see him, I will never pay that much to see a concert. Glad you enjoyed it though.
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Oh man, that's all I am hearing about how great this tour is. I saw him in 91 and got goosebumps when he started into some of those Beatle songs. Soundtrack of your life and all that. Hey Lisa, when I saw him back then, they gave out a free program that was packed with info and there were two pages with pictures and descriptions of all the instruments and gear they were using. If they did that and you got a such a program, please share. Thanks!
  5. Sorry Max, they didn't give any programs away this time. I wish they had! I didn't go downtown with any cash, so I couldn't pick one up, but I'm still on Cloud 9!

Thulsa, that was the most money I've ever paid for a concert, but I'll tell you what....if I'd had the cash to buy floor seats, I'd have forked it out in a heartbeat! That's some of the best money I've ever spent in my life!

John, we didn't get the spalt locally, but I'll hook you up with the URL just as soon as I can locate it. The company is in Oregon, I think, and they have awesome stuff! I think Joe's planning on Tung Oil at the moment for a finish, but that could change before he's done! :D I really enjoyed meeting you guys too! I'm ready for the next one! :D