Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

still waiting on GC.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Sep 21, 2004.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    because the p-bass i got was off the wall, and it had some scratches(if i wanted used i would have bought one for 500) and offcourse, they are procrastinating. all they have there is floor models.

i should just return it, and buy it new at sam ash.

fudge.

obsessive compulsive disorder in fullswing baby! :bawl:

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    ... Just ask for some cash back.. A few dings don't matter. I accidently put a tiny scratch into my warwick headstock.. I'm not going to but a chunk of ebony, sand it down, make a glue/ebony mixture, and fill in the scratch so it perfectly matches the grain.... Or am I... :D

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i know, if they dont get it to me by next week thats what im gonna do, cause i know i didnt put them there, so it just irritates me that they say they are getting them, then they dont. its like dude, dont get me all stoked about it then not have it when you say your going to.

4. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    What you should do is return it save your money and go buy it from your local music store.

5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Only purchase the bass from GC if they sell it as new and promise to get you a new one. I did this all the time. I would say that I wanted a new, out-of-the-box unit. They would say "take this one while we get you another new one." At least they used to do that. Otherwise go to an independent store and have them match the price, but with an unplayed one.

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah, i called a different guitar center and they said they would order me one, but id have to pay for it till i brought the other bass back, so im still gonna wait. hopefully my phone call will light a fire under this dudes ass.

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    There is no such thing as a floor model. It's stock that just so happens to be out on the floor. What's the big deal; you're not paying for a box. Scratches happen, but that's the price you pay for actually being able to try out the instrument you want. Get them to take 5% off and enjoy the bass.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Personally, if I am going to spend the money for a NEW bass, I don't want one that is already scratched and dinged for the price of a NEW bass. I have seen some basses at GC down in the Twin Cities that are "floor models" that are pretty beat up. I have never dealt on them, but I wouldn't pay new price for one of them.

9. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've bought my past two basses at Guitar Center, and I've been perfectly satisfied with them. No defects or dings. But I still got deals on them. The SUB was marked down to $499 and the P-bass was marked $450, but I got it out for $379. Its just a matter of bargaining and being a good customer. I'm probably not going to shop there much longer. Just long enough to get a deal on a Spector Legend 4.

10. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    its the point. the scratches imo, will flake off in the later years and leave the wood bare, that would piss me off. its the point when they say they are gonna get me another, and dont. if i wanted a bass with scratches, i would have paid 500 at a local pawn shop.