Sting Sig. Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Has any one played one of these? These are good basses, but damn the neck is big!
  2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Its a nice bass but the "Sting " 12th fret sig has to go...
  3. murdermilk

Feb 5, 2004
  4. 57pbass

IMO I think it looks stupid and Sting is a pretensious boob who needs no more publicity...especially hanging around my neck....

He is great though.....
  5. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Nice bass for the money........ solid and sounds good.

Sting's ego is not in question here, the bass is.
  6. 57pbass

I was answering murdermilks question about why I did not like the Sting logo on the 12th fret.... :bassist:
  7. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I am not much a fan of the sig at the 12th either.

I think the signing behind or on front of the headstock like everyone else would have been more appropriate.

That being said, it is a pretty good "bang for the buck" bass. :bassist:
  8. 57pbass

I agree Dave...its has the old school sound and is a good value.... I have heard it with flats and round wounds..both sound very nice...

As you mentioned ..he should have signed the headstock like all the other greats...I wonder how many people did not buy that bass because of that?
  9. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I am torn from buying it because of that. Then again, I could just remove it and replace the inlay-block with something else. How 'bout my own sig?!?!?!
    :D :D :D
  10. im rather curious about it..its a little cheaper than the geddy lee sig so im probably looking at either one next, considering i wont be able to find another telecaster bass (most likely) and im not a big fan of jazz necks....but i think it looks cool..personally i think the sting inlay is a bit more tasteful than some others, at least its better than having skulls or flames ;) , plus if i get one ill be able to call that one sting and my kubicki stu :smug:
  11. subout

Sep 24, 2004
    how much would you guys pay for one of these?
  12. id have to get one ordered in if was to get one, but i was quoted $1,800 for a geddy or $1,700 for the sting without a case (australian) both brand new
  13. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    My local shop has the Sting in their catalogue for $1359 Aussie, you could probably get a little more off that.
  14. The sting sig. is like $600 in USA.

and the Geddy is $650 at my music store.
  15. wheres that? i got that quote from venue music down in sydney
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sting sigs go for under $350 BIN on ebay a lot :-/
  17. yep..and then have to pay $500us to get it shipped over here :crying:
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA