Stingray 2 band EQ vs 3 band EQ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Buzz, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    I did an advanced search on this topic and found nothing so please allow me throw this out to you, the four string Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray player.

Is there any advantage to getting the 2 band eq verses the 3 band eq? I've heard some players discuss low volume levels on their D and G strings with the 3 band eq and others say it doesn't seem to be an issue with the 2 band eq. Any truth to this?

Thank you.
  2. If at first you find nothing, search, search again.
  3. Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    Thank you for the thread link. I did find it interesting that not one person mentioned the low volume output on the D and G strings here. There are quite a few posted on the EB website forum regarding this issue.

4. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Yeah, that's just being addressed in the Sabre thread right now.
  5. alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    I’ve found the string to string output balance excellent on my SR5.

The two major quibbles (yes, it is a real word) are that the B string, while tight enough, is quick to go out of tune and that the knobs are stiff to move out of the detent position.

Regarding the 2 vrs 3-band, there are smoother more mellow sounds available with piezos only, treble fully cut and bass/mids boosted 1/4 turn that I have not been able to reproduce on a 2-band Ray. :cool:

Just my tuppence worth.