1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

stingray 4 owners

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Jun 23, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    how high are your pickups?

2. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I believe that they are supposed to be spaced at 4mm from the top of the pickup to the bottom of the string. Gets a little tricky because I think the radius of the pickups is smaller than the radius on the fretboard, so when you adjust it, you end-up with the 4mm for E and G, and something like 3.5mm for the A and D... or something minimal like that.

You can probably get it exactly by playing with the bridge and neck adjustments, but I have no buzzing going on right now, so I didn't want to mess with it at this point.

You can find all you need to setup your stingray here:

http://www.ernieball.com/site/faq_bass.php

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    awesome, thanks, i'm going to be cleaning and setting up my music man tonight for ***** and giggles...

MOD EDIT: PLEASE REREAD THE USAGE AGREEMENT.

4. :bassist: I keep mine at 4.5 at my E and 3.5-4.0 on my G. Tone is still the same, but it allows me to play more aggressively on my higher strings without hitting my pick-up with my fingertips. :bassist:

5. I own three Stingrays (SR4 fretted, SR4 fretless, SR5 :))
    But on all of them I usually have it tilted down towards the E or B string, as the output in the lower strings is much higher if the PU were level.