Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stingray 4 owners

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Jun 23, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    how high are your pickups?

2. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I believe that they are supposed to be spaced at 4mm from the top of the pickup to the bottom of the string. Gets a little tricky because I think the radius of the pickups is smaller than the radius on the fretboard, so when you adjust it, you end-up with the 4mm for E and G, and something like 3.5mm for the A and D... or something minimal like that.

You can probably get it exactly by playing with the bridge and neck adjustments, but I have no buzzing going on right now, so I didn't want to mess with it at this point.

You can find all you need to setup your stingray here:

http://www.ernieball.com/site/faq_bass.php

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    awesome, thanks, i'm going to be cleaning and setting up my music man tonight for ***** and giggles...

MOD EDIT: PLEASE REREAD THE USAGE AGREEMENT.

4. :bassist: I keep mine at 4.5 at my E and 3.5-4.0 on my G. Tone is still the same, but it allows me to play more aggressively on my higher strings without hitting my pick-up with my fingertips. :bassist:

5. I own three Stingrays (SR4 fretted, SR4 fretless, SR5 :))
    But on all of them I usually have it tilted down towards the E or B string, as the output in the lower strings is much higher if the PU were level.