Stingray 5 for the Big 40

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Harpo, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    After trying many 5 string Bass of the past year
    I decided on a Stingray5 My wife is ordering it from
    Bass Central . I played many the one's that made
    the final cut where
    G&L L-2500 Close second but since I have a L-2000 I wanted some little different
    Peavey Cirrus Nice Bass but not me
    Peavy Millenuum Another nice one But could not find a 5 to try the 4 played nice though Peavey is making some nice stuff
    Spector Euro another very nice bass un fender like
    but I love the neck on the them build quality very nice.
    Fender Roscoe Beck 5 nice bass I thought build quality was a little spotty but a nice bass .
    Fender Jazz Deluxe 5 better then I thought it would be the pre-amp I thouht if was a little noisy
    But played nice The problem I found with the Fenders that the quality was not consistant some
    great and some where horrible some of that might
    be from the dealer poor set up .
    Warwick Thumb 5 Nice Bass B string a little Floppy
    Another Bass Just Not Me

As I said Before I Came Close to the L-2500 It does have more sounds then Stingray But since I had the L-2000 already The Stingray won .
  2. Harpo: You have a great wife!!
  3. Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    Yes I Know She is the best Not sure I am going to
    have to wait to Dec 25 or Dec 30 though The 30 is My Birthday and this is a combo present but what the Hell I think it will Trans Blue with a maple board not sure of the pick guard yet if it is going
    to be black or white It was on order from Bass Central and they had not recived it yet and I do not want to know I need some suprise .
  4. She really raised the bar for her birthday didn't she? How are you going to top this? Actually, I could use some ideas myself, because I just got a Spector. I bought that one myself though. Still, any wife that lets a nice basses like these in the house deserves a great birthday.
  5. Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    I don't Think I can top it she does not want anything special But I am very lucky she is the best
  6. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Congrats having a wife cool enough to buy you a bass for your birthday.:D
    Maybe my wife needs to meet your wife and take some notes.;)

One thing: Punctuation is your friend. (little tough to read your posts)
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Good choice. 'Ray 5's are hard to beat, indeed. Incidentally, I ordered a 5 with all the options I wanted from in June and got it in October. I think 4 months is about the current turnaround time from Ernie Ball. Of course, if you're getting one from stock from a store, different story. In any case, enjoy!
  9. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I sold a bass for my wife's birthday.
  10. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    you've got some weird formatting in your post there, harpo :D

Stingray 5 would be my choice if I wanted a 5 string too! Its the best one Ive ever played, and it won the bassplayer mag 5 string shootout even though it was up against some $7000 basses from Lakland, Sadowsky, Kenneth Lawrence, MTD, etc. Very good choice!