Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray 5 on the WAY !!! YEAH !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David-Adler, Sep 6, 2001.

1. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Yeah !

I just got the message that the 1991 MusicMan Stingray 5 is on its way to my home. It will be here on Thursday !!

Yeah !

David

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, man. Great 5 stringer.:)

3. AAAHHHH !
    First Crawlingeye gets a Sterling, now you get a Stingray 5. I can't take it! I finally got a chance to really check out a few MM basses about two weeks ago, and I have to get one. They didn't have any 5s in the store that day, but, I can just imagine what they sound like.

Good luck there guy. Maybe I'll join your ranks soon.
    Mike J.

4. they sound great, no other way to put it :p

5. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    congrats on the new bass! PICS??? :rolleyes: :D

6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I sure hope you do! :)

And to Dave Alder, congrats! I just got my Sterling on Wed. It's incredible.

I hope you like your 'ray as much as I love my Sterling.

Where're you getting it from though, if I may ask?
    (just our of curiosity)

Anyway, congrats again!

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    You guys are making me jelous!!!!!!!!!!

I´m saving for a new bass, but, since I live in Venezuela and here there´s nobody who sells Music Man basses, I have two ways to get one: 1) Buy it from, lets say, Bass Central without seeing it before; or 2) travel to Florida and try as many basses as I could and buy the rigth one, of course I´ll need some more money to do that but think could be better to my nerves:D

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

If you have the money for it, take the trip to Florida. I'm sure it'll be worth it.
    As much as I love my Sterling, I wouldn't ever advise anyone to buy a bass they've never tried. :)

Good luck on your hunt for a bass though.

9. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    hehe congrats on your new bass. I hope you love your stingray as much as I love mine :)

10. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    No need to come to see Mickey. Just buy it and have it shipped. It should be OK! Join the club. We are waiting.

11. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Crawling Eye: Got it used for $850 from a guy in the US. It´s on its way, in the hardcase. BUT with good protection (foam etc.). I´ve heard so many bad stories about basses that broke while shipping.

David

12. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats D-A,
    The club is definitely growing!
    Doc
    SR 4 piezo fretless
    SR 5 fretless

13. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

I'm sure a lot of the bad stories were just people getting ripped off though, like someone selling a bass with a broken neck. People tend to be melodramatic with "bad stories", although, it could be true, with something coming from the U.S. to Europe. Good luck anyhow.

Welcome to the club, and congrats again! :)