StingRay 5 price lowered

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danny R., Feb 27, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Musicman StingRay 5, honey burst finish, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, toirtose shell pickguard, IMMACULATE, not a single ding or scratch, comes with a nice leather gigbag, this bass sounds really great but the string spacing is killing me:mad: i need to get a equaly good 5 strings bass but with wider string spacing, price $900.00 + shipping, this is a very good deal, feel free to PM or mail me with any question;)

2. Danny R.

Bump with another picture;)
  3. Here's a new pic of the MTD Beast in blue..

If you want it let me know and we can work out a deal. I might still want yours anyway...

Let me know

4. Danny R.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Here, I resized and rotated for you
  6. Danny R.

I'll throw in a Fodera Hat that Mike Pope gave me at the NAMM show last january in anaheim CA.:D
  7. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    Ive never seen a used Ernie Ball sell for over 800. i saw one sell for over 700 because someone broke their bass the same day as a gig. Other than that, ive seen probably 50 go for 600-699
  8. Danny R.

Adam, thanks for your interest, well, this bass is in dead mint condition and i've seen on ebay Rays 5 similar to this one for over $1000, anyway, are you interested? or what? make me a offer, if you have a serious offer feel free to reply, if you have other coment just PM me
  9. You're a little young to be trying to pull fast ones. Most Stingray 5s go for $900-1000 on the used market.
  10. Danny R.

Adam, check this one, is going for over $900 and it has a nick.
    I can post a lot more of links but i'm just lazy;)
    Edit: i'm way too lazy, after all i'm a musician:bassist:
  11. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I thought there was a rule against telling people they are asking too much for their stuff. I don't think 1000 is too much for a mint Ray5 but if you do, don't buy it.
  12. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I'll play

Living in UK I obviously know nothing about the US used market but...

I'm going to be in CA in April and have looked at various basses over the last few months on basscentral bassnw bassalone, talkbass and some other sites.

IMHO SR5's are advertised (as opposed to sold) between $800-$1000 depending on condition options and seller. $600 is a little ambitious.

I would say that $900 is a fair price for this bass and if I have $900 in a months time and this bass is still unsold Mr Guru might be getting a PM.
  13. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000

Unless you are planning on buying the bass, why not keep your thoughts about the asking price to yourself? (I'll just cut and paste this comment into the other thread like you did :meh: )
  14. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Don't you just love it when 14 year old kids know everything? Tell you what junior, look at every ebay auction for a 5 string Stingray that closes below $700, you take note of it and post a link to this thread. Every one of these guys here that think you're full of it, (including myself), will have to eat crow. I've been watching ebay for stingrays for months and the lowest 5 string price i've ever seen was $730 (lefties don't count), and that just closed the other day. Most of them are between $900 and $1000, and that is a fair price for one in good condition.
    You do know that 5 string sting rays sell for more than 4 strings, don't you?
  15. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    yes, that was just a desperate plea to get it lowered, email me.. i may be interested in buying this. im going to get 2 of them. and im not 14
  16. Danny R.

hmmmmm, if you buy it i'll even let you have my baby's toy (see picture above)
    EDIT: it sings twinkle twinkle and old MacDonald
  17. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio are playing an Ibanez through a Crate. What is your frame of reference on the Ernie Ball?
  18. I misread the date in your profile--my mind kept wanting to see "1988." Sorry.