Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray 5 string spacing ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gman, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've decided to get a NICE bass. I've played everything I can find for $1300 or less. I really like the Peavey Cirrus, and the L-2000, although on the L-2000, I can't find one with a neck that feels like my SB-1.

I had always heard that the Stingrays were "one trick ponies", so I never considered one. Well I accidently picked one up, and I love 'em now. I GOTTA have one. I've never really used a 5 string. Only picked 'em up in the stores every once in a while. It's very awkward, but I think I would like to play a five string. The Stingray seems to be more comfortable than most of the other fives I've tried.

SO......does anybody know what the string spacing is at the bridge on a Stingray 5 ? The EB website doesn't have that info.

I WILL have a Musicman. I'm just trying to decide between a Stingray 5 or a Sterling. I don't want to get the Sterling and wish that I'd gotten the Stingray 5, and I don't want to get the 5 and not be able to play the damned thing.

Anybody been through this themselves and have any advice ?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Go with the five man.. I don't think you'll wish for anything else IMO... I really don't think my bass is a one trick pony... I can vary the sound..... I can't go from extremely smooth lows to screaming punchy highs.. but The stingray is of course made for its sound. and what an amazing sound it is..

Peace

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I have had a Stingray 5 since Jan97

THere was a time whan I wished I had bought a four but then I tried one (with a hipshot) and missed the B.