Stingray 5 string spacing ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gman, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've decided to get a NICE bass. I've played everything I can find for $1300 or less. I really like the Peavey Cirrus, and the L-2000, although on the L-2000, I can't find one with a neck that feels like my SB-1.

I had always heard that the Stingrays were "one trick ponies", so I never considered one. Well I accidently picked one up, and I love 'em now. I GOTTA have one. I've never really used a 5 string. Only picked 'em up in the stores every once in a while. It's very awkward, but I think I would like to play a five string. The Stingray seems to be more comfortable than most of the other fives I've tried.

SO......does anybody know what the string spacing is at the bridge on a Stingray 5 ? The EB website doesn't have that info.

I WILL have a Musicman. I'm just trying to decide between a Stingray 5 or a Sterling. I don't want to get the Sterling and wish that I'd gotten the Stingray 5, and I don't want to get the 5 and not be able to play the damned thing.

Anybody been through this themselves and have any advice ?

2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Go with the five man.. I don't think you'll wish for anything else IMO... I really don't think my bass is a one trick pony... I can vary the sound..... I can't go from extremely smooth lows to screaming punchy highs.. but The stingray is of course made for its sound. and what an amazing sound it is..

3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I have had a Stingray 5 since Jan97

THere was a time whan I wished I had bought a four but then I tried one (with a hipshot) and missed the B.