Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

StingRay 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danny R., Feb 22, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Last week i was selling my Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman on the sale forum, i ended up trading it for this beauty, the FedEX guy just put it on my hands, when i opened the box i fall in love!:D the bass is in mint condition and it sounds very funky (my search is over....for now) i want to thank my good friend Steve AKA jivetkr for this nice trade, he packed it so well, damn! i thought it was a water heater when i saw the box:D i've owned a few Rays in the past, but this is the best so far:bassist:

[​IMG]

2. *drool* nice burst finish, man! congrats!

3. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Sweet! I love the look of the Stingray 5's.:)

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    ahh another one joins the dark side.....:bassist:

5. Wow! I'm almost tempted to give my natural SR5 a paint job! Veeerrrry nice.

6. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    bass guru is a straight up dude. It was a real pleasure to trade. The warwick is super sweet.

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    mmm.. makes me kinda miss my old Ray.. Congrats.. very nice bass you have picked up

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice SR5..... Al !!!!

see ya at the Nudy bar!!!!!!!!:D

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Nice Ray5 is that cherry sunburst; it looks really similar to mine.

10. Danny R.

Que bien que alguien entendio la broma, gracias:D

11. Danny R.

Nice bass, looks similar, i like the maple fretboard, but i'd keep the red toirtose pickguard;)
    [​IMG]

12. Gorgeous!
    SR5s rule!

13. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    De nada, Married with children es una de mis series favoritas!!!!!!:cool:

14. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    ::snip::Nice bass, looks similar, i like the maple fretboard, but i'd keep the red toirtose pickguard ::end snip::

I've been eyeing the replacement guards on wdmusicproducts.com for a bit but the black p/g looks great w/a tux or most of the uniform/outfits that i have to wear for school bands, and it was an extra $50 or so [i'm 16 $50 makes a difference w/the whole $5.50 an hour i get paid]. I do like the way your tort guard looks though; i'm wonderin how a mirrored or a smoked guard would look.

15. Danny R.

Check this link, you can build your "Dream SR5" from there:)
    Dream StingRay 5