Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray 99 Sunburst $850/offer

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rojo412, Mar 5, 2003.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I have a 99 US made Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray for sale. It's got the vintage sunburst finish, rosewood board, non-matching headstock. It's in really awesome shape, the finish is practically new other than 1 ding and 1 chip and they are hard to notice. The back has absolutely no buckle wear, no fret wear, no scratches, no swirls. For $850/Best offer, I'll ship it to your house!!! I don't need to mention specs here do I? I assume we all know what a Stingray is.

More pics available here!
    http://acfcustom.freeservers.com/photo.html

2. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Hey Adam, how is it going? Still playing with Chopper's band?

That's a nice looking ray. Where did you get it?

3. You have pm

4. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    Ive never seen a used ernie ball sell for over 800. i saw one sell for over 700 because someone broke their bass the same day as a gig. Other than that, ive seen probably 50 go for 600-699

5. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Thanks. That's why I put the "/offer" on there. It's negotiation. It's what makes Capitalism grand!

6. Dude, if you are gona try and blag some money off, at least change you sentence to do it (if you dont know what im talking about, check out The Bass Guru's ad for a Ray5) please, its just insulting.
    J.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    funkpunker: Well said.

8. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Yeah, see, I'm not going to tear you apart in a thread... it's petty, vindictive, and frankly, just too easy!!!

I've seen MM's go for 6-700 too. Most were black or solid, some were nicer. I used to work at Guitar Center and saw them go used for $799 whenever they were in stock. This has upgrades, is in great shape, and would be a bargain compared to a new model at $1300 (which is outrageous!).

If anyone wants it for $850, great. If you want it for $800, PM. If you want lower, PM. If you are going to be a jerk and talk **** about it in a public forum, go ahead with that too. But I'd like to keep this to serious people with serious offers. If you feel like a word battle, start a thread in Misc/Off topic/basses about the cost of used stingrays and I'll join in.

Thanks,
    Adam Falkner

9. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Unless you are planning on buying the bass, why not keep your thoughts about the asking price to yourself? (I'll just cut and paste this comment into the other thread like you did :meh: )

10. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    actually i might buy it, its in great condition man

adamopp@email.com

email me sometime

11. who let this adam guy on the boards? :meh:

12. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    What you talkin bout cephas?

-Adam Falkner

13. he gave the same line to the other dude sellin his ray 5 on another thread and i didn't dig it. nothin against him personally though! :)

14. have you guys seen his signature?! LOL! :rolleyes:
    rojo - i am interested, but have a few problems... dont wana waste your time so PM me if you wouldnt mind holding on to the bass for a while longer. dont worry about it if not though.
    J.

p.s. berklee - took me a while to get that, but great joke man :D

[EDIT] spellings - D'OH!

15. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Yeah, it's kind of one of those "had to be there" jokes :p

Rojo, sorry to hijack your thread - Adam's comments just rubbed me the wrong way. Best of luck with the bass sale - it looks like a great bass!

16. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I'm willing to go $750 and the cost of shipping. It's bill time and I need money. Yes, I would've liked $850, but no bites, so PM me if $750+shipping intrigues you.