Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray Bongo or what?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Futurebass, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Futurebass

Futurebass

Jun 22, 2005
    I play an early Music Man Stingray on tour. Because it's so old and funky I am thinking of retiring it from the road and replacing it with something new. Save it for the studio. The Music Man Bongo has been suggested to me. I am a fierce player and sometimes active electronics are too sensitive for my playing. Seems like active electronics are designed to boost the signal of weak players. The Stingray is the only active pickup I've ever liked. I guess my question is does anybody have comparative experience on both the Stingray and the Bongo? Any thoughts?

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    LIEK OMG TEH BONGO IS SOOO UGLY DON'T DO IT MAN

TOILET SEAT HAW HAW I BET YUO HAVEN'T HEARD THAT ONE YET

:rolleyes:

Now that we've gotten that out of the way... we may proceed with a sane discussion of the Stingray and Bongo as touring basses. :)

My vote is with the Stingray since you like it.. but if you're that picky about active vs passive, you should try a Bongo out first. You might be pleasantly surprised.