1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stingray+ darkstar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzboi, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jazzboi

jazzboi

Jan 10, 2008
    Hungary
    Hi folks,

The title sais it all,have someone tried or tought about it to place a Darkstar PU in the bridge position,as on the Stingrays? If so have you got pic and clips of it?

Thanks and have a great day

2. Someone did this with an OLP bass before but I have no idea where to locate pictures of it.

I would not personally want to do this to a Stingray as the pickup is part of the whole sound and reason you buy a Stingray in the first place.

I think that is why the person modded an OLP instead. But it also seems stupid to put a pickup in a bass that cost less than the pickup itself.

3. jazzboi

jazzboi

Jan 10, 2008
    Hungary
    Of course I don't want to mod such a great bass,I was just wondering. And the main question was how does a single Darkstar sound at the bridge position as on the Stingrays?
    I just want to build a bass from parts,and meanwhile came the idea. :)

4. I'd say there would be a difference in the sound as the DarkStar is a single coil and the Stingray is equipped with a humbucker.

5. Iroquoi

Iroquoi

Sep 18, 2008
    check the lakland decade soundclips... something like that