Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stingray discussion board

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Aug 3, 2001.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey i was on a website once that was similiar to this site but was an all stingray discussion board. Does anyone know the address of this site. I was so mad at myself for not bookmarking the site. If anyone could help out that'd be great.

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    hmm.. don't know myself.. but when you find out let me know :)

Peace

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Hi hyperlitem,
    Don't know of any specific Stingray boards, but there is a MM forum over at the Dudepit on ezboard.com It is a fairly active board with several knowledgable Stingray players. Why don't you just get something going here? Armybass got a good discussion going on G&L recently. I'll start. I play a Stingray fretless 4 piezo and love it. I also play a Stingray fretless fiver which recently has taken over as my #1. The fretless Stingrays suit my needs perfectly (light rock, jazz, blues) and I run Lakland Joe Osborn flats. The 5 is white with white pearl guard and white pickup cover and matching headstock. My 4 is trans gold with black pearl guard and matching headstock. Pau ferro on both boards.
    Doc

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey snyderz that was the board i was talking about. Do you know the exact site?? ok heres my new stingray: pearlblue 4 string fretted. It has a maple neck with matching headstock, and pearl pickguard. Hey you said you have a white pickup cover??? How'd yo get that?? i ive seen a few of the newer 5's with them, and some of the really old 4's with them. I want a white pickup cover to match my pickguard. If you have any ideas write back please.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    its me again.. I guess i'll talk about my baby stingray.. its a 5 stringer. Pearl blue with matching headstock. Maple fretboard and a black perloid pickguard... MMHMM.. its a sweet bass.. i am very happy with it.. anyways..

peaceout

6. bambi

bambi

Aug 21, 2000
    I've been looking all over the net for a stingray discussion board and haven't found one either.

I have a Stingray 5 - sunburst with woodgrain showing through the finish, white scratchguard, and standard hardware. I've had it for about 6-7 years now and it still plays well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on cleaning / caring for the bass? I have a couple of questions about this:

1. The neck has gotten quite dark in colour with sweat stains. Any ideas on how to get the neck back to the silky smooth finish it had when new?

2. The bass has exposed pickup poles which have begun to show signs of corrosion. Does this change the sound? How do I get rid of it?

Cheers
    Bambi