1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stingray electronics buzz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ollybarclay, Oct 13, 2006.

1. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    stingray > sansamp bddi > svt 4 pro

in the last soundcheck i had, i noticed that when i touch the strings / volume knob / tuning peg / anything metallic it's silent through the amp, yet if i take my hands off the guitar completely there is a small - but noticable - buzz...

sounds like an small earthing problem, doesn't it? as when i touch anything metal surely i am earthing it?

it doesn't affect the sound when playing, as it's too quiet to hear over actual playing of the bass, so it's not a problem.

my question is - it's not going to get any worse is it? should i get it looked at?

2. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC/JAM USA: Distributor of Ashdown amplification
    well, it depends. If you're going to take it into the studio, you'll want to get it fixed. Or if you're running it through a DI and it's driving your soundman crazy.

3. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    as i remember the electronics cavity is not sheilded on the stingray. you need to get the control cavity sheilded. it's a simple job, you can even do it yourself. do a search to find out how it's done.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021