Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray, Fender Jazz, modulus flea sound clip

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_drum, Jun 28, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    I'm looking for a clip of each of these basses slapped and one of each played fingerstyle. Thanks!

~JB~

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    For the modulus flea slapped you can just listen to Aeroplane you know :p. For fingerstyle on the modulus try Me And My Friends, starts with a solo fingerstyle bass intro. Sure some TBers will find you the clips pretty fast, as a low income teenager I can't afford any of those so no clips here :(. All my money is in the GAS fund (see sig) or the new computer fund. Anyone fancy giving my expensive tastes a helping hand?

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Flea had the deal with Modulus in time for Aeroplane. He uses a black Stingray in the video for that song (but he often uses different basses in the studio). He definately didn't have it in 1987 when Me and My Friends was released.

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Jazz is the best

5. Simball

Simball

Mar 26, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Aeroplane was recorded with a stingray - I read it in an interview. He used the Modulus on most tracks on Californication.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that is correct.

the slapped parts in "aeroplane" are stingray. possibly the whole song is stingray.

most of one hot minute is an alembic--i forget which kind.

flea used a stingray 5-string for "righteous and the wicked" and "under the bridge," possibly some others, on bssm.

listen to californication to hear the flea played both fingerstyle and slapped.

oh, right, isn't there also that bass-tasters website?

7. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    whats basstasters? I have never heard of it before. :confused:

8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Here´s the link

Basstasters You can listen to different bass samples (plus a lot more)

It´s really useful.

9. skywalkerla5

skywalkerla5

Jun 11, 2006
    One hot minute was recorded with the stingray and an alembic epic
    bssm was with a sr5 and a wal mach2
    californication was done with the modulus and i think for some tracks his 61 fender jazz
    and for btw he used his modulus, listen to the song by the way for good representation of aggressive fingerstyle with a modulus.

10. Colonel_Claypoo

Colonel_Claypoo Steve Harris nut

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    is the sound of his solo bit in "by the way" more due to his GK setup or his modulus bass or c combination of both
    because i absolutely adore that sound and i was thinking about GK. so if it can deliver that sound:eek:
    any advice?