Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray hard cases

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cosmo_Smallpiece, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Does anyone know if new Stingrays now come supplied with a hard case and if so, since when. I am thinking of buying one but the one I want in the shop has no case.

Spending £800 on a bass and not getting a case with it seems a trifle stingy on the part of Musicman.

[Edited by AndyMartin on 11-19-2000 at 07:07 AM]

2. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    Hi Andy,
    Both of my MM came with cases in the sale price. It's my understanding that *most* manufacturers include the case ... althought there are exceptions. I've noticed that some boutique basses are priced without the case.

Here in the States "not" including the case is just a ploy by the dealer to get more money out of a sale.

Good Hunting

3. New Stingray's do not come supplied with a case in the UK.
    Afraid they are an optional extra. If you shop around you may be able to get one thrown in with the deal, but £800 for a new Ray isn't a bad price and probably doesn't leave enough profit for the dealer to do this.
    Really depends on how much your dealer needs the sale.

4. that would be a gutiar center trade mark wouldn't it?
    i bought a stingray from them for about a grand, no case sorry. even worse the guitar player i play with bought a 2500 dollar PRS guitar no case. he flipped, still no case
    he was quite bent about spending that kind of money and having to put it on his front seat without a case
    this just doesn't seem fair, i bought a 75 dollar guitar from sears when i was a kid, and it came with a case

5. If possible,don't buy the cases made by SKB.They cost more than they're worth.I've had three of the SKBs and they quickly fell apart .I'm not one to abuse my gear and was severely disappointed when my cases crapped out on me.The traditional materials of wood and vinyl seem to last much longer and in the long run are more cost effective.Good luck in your search.

6. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    I bought my stingray 5 at guitar center (usa) I was informed by the sales associate that Ernieball no longer ships their instruments in cases, but rather packs them extra tight with bubble rap. So asked for some bubble rap, since it fairs better then the SKB bass case's made for Ernie Ball anyway. Sorry no go on the bubble rap, it too was not included DAMN!