Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray HH?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rutkn, Jan 13, 2006.

1. rutkn

rutkn

Jan 12, 2006
    Australia
    Hey i heard some people talk about a stingray HH. Can someone tell me the difference between the HH and the normal stingray.

Can some post a picture to

Thanks

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    They have an extra H.

H meaning humbucker.

There's a bunch of stuff, including pictures in this current thread...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222402

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    although i commented in the other thread, i'll be happy to say it again, the ONE i played was fantastic. In positions 3 and 4 on the coil selector the tone very much remeinded me of a Kubicki. Kubicki has that one setting that "is" Kubicki. The Ray HH, IMO, was in the same league with a very clear, articulate and nicely contoured tone, and then there is the variety.

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    The two humbucker set up is absolutely "top shelf" IMHO. I played one this week @ GC and I'm "gassing" for one real bad.

I have not played much in the way of super high end stuff so I can't really comment on how it would compare to those but compared to any American Fender, G&L, Warwick and Ibanez Prestige that I have played it's better. These are basses in the $800.00 to $2,500.00 range. Remember that this is an opinion but I was really impressed.