1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stingray HS, hard to find.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hambone1, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hambone1

hambone1

Sep 13, 2006
    I've been looking for a stingray HS. GC and MF dont have them. Where can I find them?

Thanks.

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Does it have to be HS? Unless you want to solo the front or back single, or the front humbucker interferes with your playing style, a HH might be something to consider. I wanted a HS sterling for a while, but I ended up getting a HH and couldn't be happier. I'm used to playing jazz basses and as such I tend to play it with the outside singles to get a nice single coil jazz tone out of it. Occassionally I use both humbuckers to get some real beef.

If it has to be HS, you'd probably have to order one direct, which if you were looking to buy new anyways, the only issue would be that you can't play it first and the wait time.

3. You probably won't get a better selection than Basscentral. Lots of HS models.

4. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Seriously, if you are going to go mail order, you won't get better price or selection (or service) than you will from Bass Central. Check em out.

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Mojo's Music in Edwardsville, Illinois has a really pretty blue one that has been on the wall for a year. They have a website and their phone number is 618-655-1600.

6. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    +1

7. hambone1

hambone1

Sep 13, 2006
    Do you think or know if the HH neck pickup soloed is better (beefier) than the single neck pickup for the HS? Is there a difference in getting P-bass like sound?

Thanks.