Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stingray Parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geddy2, Sep 8, 2004.

1. geddy2

geddy2

Aug 29, 2004
    Southwest Michigan
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy some new bridge parts for my MM Stingray? Mine are getting a little corroded and can't adjust the string heights any more.
    Thanks

2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Email Ernie Ball. They were very quick and responsive in answering questions and sending parts when I needed them for my '92 'Ray.

3. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Yep, EB customer service is second to none.

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    it sucks that you have to go through them to get stuff, but yes, there cs is top notch.

5. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Given that they're such nice people and so willing to help out, even when the problem turns out to be a dumb customer rather than an actual equipment failure, I can see why you would say it sucks to have to go through them.

Wait, wait - let me re-think this.

6. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Please, don't laugh at this. Take the bridge out (or just the saddles) and put them for a day in a glass of Coke (just one day). It removes the stain and makes it work again!!! I did this with lots of corroded things (including some mechanisms with little screws on metal, very similar to the saddles' case) and it always worked fine (I'd will certainly do it when my SR5's bridge begins to corrode). Take care...

ANDRUCA